Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Class 1 Takeaway

My take away from this class was the concept of fishbowling. I thought that was a really novel concept in terms of creativity. When we were initially given The Egg, I was looking around the room and noting people's reactions. Most had a blank look. They seemed to be saying "well now what can I possibly do with this?".

The fact that the assignment was so broad, so open, people simply did not know what to do. I know I did not, at first, either. But then after Barry Schwartz's video, it seemed to make sense.

Narrow down the possible choices.

So I thought about how I introduced myself to the class to give myself a starting point. What were their expectations about my project (not that I am doing this project specifically for them) going to be? I had to fishbowl myself to get a good starting point for my Egg assignment, and I think I've found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment