Monday, January 27, 2014

Class Takeawawaway 2

The main thing that I took away from this class is that I don't think I am fully engaging my brain when I am trying to learn. My experience with NEWM-N250, the team building class, taught me that my learning style is that of kinesthetic/visual. Meaning I learn best by moving and doing something and seeing something to learn. It is really surprising, then, that I am not a doodler, which is what we were assigned to do for homework.

This is actually something I am not practiced at. I haven't doodled or drawn, even, since I was in middle school or junior high. What do I draw?! How do I doodle?! Is that a silly question? Meh, probably...

Being creative is something that I strive to be everyday, and most days I feel like I am falling on the side of mediocrity. Sure, I know how to operate the programs that we use in MAS, but am I using them? Too often I feel we are challenged to analyze an audience and to find out what they like. But in MAS I am not sure we are challenged enough to find out what we like. If I can be inspired, truly inspired, I feel like I can make some groundbreaking media that is worth remembering.

Maybe it will just start with a doodle...


No comments:

Post a Comment